What is Baptism?
Baptism is one of the steps in a spiritual journey with Christ. This step is an outward expression of faith and commitment to Christ, showing that we have come to believe in Christ and desire to commit our life to follow His Word.
We believe in Baptism by Immersion, which identifies the believer with death and burial, by the act of going fully underwater, and resurrection, by being brought back out of the water. Romans 6: 1-11
When should I get Baptized?
After you have committed your life to Jesus, and trusted in Him for forgiveness of your sins, you should take the next step and be baptized. While baptism does not make you a Christian, it does show that you are a follower of Christ.
We believe that you should enter baptism with an understanding of what you are committing to. If you were baptized as a child, we encourage you to be baptized again as an adult, to show your understanding and renewal of your commitment to Jesus Christ.
How Do I Get Baptized?
1. Sign up below. You will be asked to submit your testimony on this form.
2. Once you submit your form, it will be passed to a Staff or Elder to contact you. They will set up a time to speak and pray with you about your spiritual journey. This allows us to celebrate with you as you take this step of faith.
3. Read through the Baptism Basic information below.
4. Send a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will put your picture and testimony in the bulletin that Sunday so we can celebrate in your journey.
These four steps need to be completed at week before the day of your baptism. Once you have completed these steps you will be scheduled for the next group of Baptisms. We look forward to celebrating and supporting your journey.
How do I prepare the day of my Baptism?
1. Bring a fresh set of clothes. You will be fully submerged, so make sure you wear appropriate clothing that morning and bring a set of clothes to change into. Shorts and a T-shirt are recommended. The water is heated.
2. Meet at the church before the service begins. We will meet with you in the lobby to go over the order of events and get you lined up in order. Any questions you have can be answered then.
3. Bring your family & friends and be ready to celebrate! This is a wonderful time in your faith journey and we are all here gathered to support you!